Both Minnesota squads hit the road for meets

Coming off two strong performances at home, the Minnesota men's gymnastics team hopes to take its success on the road this weekend, traveling to Iowa to face the Hawkeyes on Sunday at 2 p.m. "I think we feel pretty confident...
  • Mark Heise
February 02, 2007

Coming off two strong performances at home, the Minnesota men's gymnastics team hopes to take its success on the road this weekend, traveling to Iowa to face the Hawkeyes on Sunday at 2 p.m.

"I think we feel pretty confident going in, even on the road," freshman Cole Storer said. "I think we should be able to keep it together."

The seventh-ranked Gophers could be up against a challenge, as No. 8 Iowa has consistently broken the 200-point barrier this season.

"To go to Iowa with these two big home wins on our shoulders should make things a lot easier for us," sophomore Adam Reichow said. "Everyone knows if we just take care of our end, we'll be in good shape."

Women to Arizona

Minnesota travels to Arizona to face the 15th-ranked Wildcats Friday at 8:30 p.m. CST.

Arizona topped 196 points in last week's meet, making it the first time this season it surpassed the 195 mark.

The Gophers come off a strong week against Utah, scoring 194.125 despite injuries.