The concept of spring break probably doesn’t immediately bring to mind clothing. Granted, there may be a reason for that, since the majority of spring break destinations require very little clothing (wet T-shirts aside) and plenty of booze. But, fair vacationers, the reliance on American Eagle short-shorts and $2 Old Navy sandals leaves much to be desired. Now, we know that there are probably money woes on the brain and spending the equivalent of an all-inclusive Mazatlan getaway on a new spring break-suitable wardrobe isn’t always feasible. But never fear; A&E has compiled a list of the most essential of travel style essentials.
1. Going tropical? A little white sundress is at the top of the “must buy” list. Forever 21’s got them for under $30. Solid colors are better than tacky florals.
2. Get gold bangle bracelets and big hoop earrings to dress those sundresses up for nighttime.
3. A Target bikini might be cheap, but the deal’s not worth it if it fits poorly. Try J. Crew for a myriad of colors, fits and styles.
4. Sunscreen, bronzer and sheer pink lip gloss. Coconut-scented perfume is a no-no; let’s not carry the “beach” theme too far.
5. Cute walking shoes: Break them in first, because nobody likes blisters. Urban Outfitters has moderately cheap footwear, and Piperlime.com is a great resource for the best of the shoe world — free shipping, too!
6. Another necessity is an amazing pair of heels for nights out. Now, we know that spring break means downing a copious amount of alcohol, so keep the heel below four inches for a bit more ease in walking and increased grace in inevitable collapses.
Check out the Facehunter blog for street style inspiration. (http://facehunter.blogspot.com)
1. Skipping town for Cabo? Skip the tropical print trunks, while you’re at it. Try something more sophisticated. Sundek trunks are a bit more expensive, but retro-cool.
2. Just because you can run around shirtless doesn’t mean that trend should hold true throughout your vacation. Even though they sound scary at first, linen pants are the coolest (literally) option for hot nights and look very JFK when cuffed.
3. For the clubs: No Ed Hardy Guido-wear. Stick with white American Apparel v-necks or just-sheer-enough oxfords.
4. Sunglasses are essential on any sort of spring break, from Arizona to Manhattan. Good: Ray-Ban aviators. Bad: Wraparound Oakleys and anything white.
5. For sun protection: Straw fedoras, not white baseball caps. Think Cary Grant.
6. Shoe-wise: No dirty flip-flops! Go to J. Crew for a leather pair. Throw out the worn Adidas and upgrade to Pumas. Traveling feet will be thankful. Sperry TopSiders are preppier alternatives.
UMN students have traveled to Florida colleges to collaborate with students on various projects.
When UMN students plan for a vacation, having trip cancellation travel insurance is a worthwhile commodity to check out.
Minneapolis Used Cars
Give back to the Minnesota community with a boat donation at boat4causes.org.
If you have been involved in a car accident call a Philadelphia Car Accident Lawyer for a free consultation.