Cam Gordon for Ward 2

Green Party’s Cam Gordon deserves reelection to City Council.

In the Ward 2 City Council race, Cam Gordon best represents the interests of Minneapolis citizens and University of Minnesota students. He knows the Ward well, having lived in the Cedar-Riverside, Seward and Longfellow neighborhoods since 1977. Gordon, a University of Minnesota graduate, has extensive experience with the neighborhoods of Minneapolis and Ward 2, having served on the Neighborhood Revitalization Program Policy Board and the Seward Neighborhood Group. He owned a small business called RiverâÄôs Edge which provided music programs and child care to the community, and Gordon has taught in both public and private schools. This experience illustrates GordonâÄôs greatest accolade: a long history of investment in and dedication to the Minneapolis community. Since taking office as the Ward 2 representative in 2006, Gordon has made important progress toward creating a safer, more vibrant city. He has encouraged diversity in the police force, leading to the highest number of minority and female officers in the departmentâÄôs history, and he has strengthened the Civilian Review Authority for police oversight. He has pushed for all new city buildings to be LEED certified and created the University District Partnership Alliance which includes neighborhoods, the city and the University of Minnesota. His desire to bring people of different interests together to work cooperatively makes Gordon an invaluable asset to the City Council. The Minnesota Daily Editorial Board endorses Cam Gordon for Ward 2 City Council.