Football player accused in assault of female student

Also, Royce White is being investigated for a Saturday theft in a separate case.

Minneapolis Police are investigating an Oct. 31 assault in which Gophers football player Nathan Tow-Arnett has been labeled a suspect, police said. Minneapolis police are investigating the incident but have not charged Tow-Arnett with any crime. Neena Kurian, 21, said she and Tow-ArnettâÄôs girlfriend were involved in a verbal argument at an off-campus party when Tow-Arnett got in between them. Tow-Arnett threw Kurian into a wall several times and kicked her as she lay on the ground, crying, Kurian said. Kurian ran to a bathroom and called police, she said. She sustained bruises, swollen bumps on her head and abrasions on her hands, among other injuries, she said. The 27-year-old sophomore is a defensive back for the Gophers and is the brother of Jeff and Nick Tow-Arnett. A Gopher team spokesman said that Nathan Tow-ArnettâÄôs version of the story differed from KurianâÄôs, but did not offer further comment. Another Royce White investigation Just a week after being suspended from the basketball team, Gophers freshman forward Royce White is being investigated as a suspect in an on-campus theft Saturday night, according to Director of Athletics Communications Garry Bowman. University of Minnesota police Chief Greg Hestness said a laptop computer was stolen from Territorial Hall on Saturday. Hestness said the case is ongoing but said University police have a suspect, witnesses and are actively investigating the situation. No charges had been filed as of Tuesday night. Last Tuesday, Gophers head coach Tubby Smith announced that he was suspending White and senior Devron Bostick indefinitely for violating undisclosed team rules. However, a Bloomington police report said White was charged with misdemeanor theft and assault after trying to steal about $100 worth of merchandise from the MacyâÄôs at the Mall of America. White came to the University as a highly touted recruit and was named Mr. Basketball last year during his senior season at Hopkins High School.