Wagner and Garber for MSA

There are many problems that the next MSA president and vice president will need to take on, from fighting for shared governance to increasing student awareness and involvement in MSA, but the largest concern for students is the ever-rising cost of school. Students need leadership that will come up with creative solutions to help alleviate the burden on students: They need Andrew Wagner and Tove Garber. While all candidates advocate for working to lower student costs, Wagner and Garber have identified a concrete and creative way of doing so: alcohol sales at Coffman Union. Our rivals at University of Wisconsin-Madison sell alcohol at their student unions, bringing in more than $1.34 million in sales annually. This money is used to fund their student unions and helps to alleviate the fees students must pay for the unions. If Coffman Union were to have alcohol revenue of $1 million, this would represent a roughly three percent decrease of student service fees per semester. This is the type of creative thinking we need to lead our student government through these dark economic times. Please join me in voting for Wagner and Garber for MSA president and vice president. Quinn OâÄôReilly, University undergraduate student