USD student caught shoplifting at bookstore

Also, one man caught fire in TCF during a food and wine expo.

University of Minnesota police arrested a 19-year-old University of South Dakota  student for shoplifting during the Tucker Max  book signing at the Coffman Union  bookstore Monday. The arrestee, Jordan Plath, was spotted taking an autographed copy of MaxâÄôs book âÄúI Hope They Serve Beer in HellâÄù without paying.
Plath was confronted by bookstore security as he left the store. Plath said he had driven from South Dakota for the signing and stole the book because he was âÄútrying to save money.âÄù
University police arrested Plath for theft and issued a citation and a trespass warning, barring him from the store for one year.
Man catches fire at TCF
University police were called to TCF Bank Stadium  during a food and wine expo after Chanhassen resident Patrick Sweeney caught fire Friday evening.
Sweeney, who had set up an outdoor furniture exhibit at the event, was refueling a fireplace with alcohol when a fire âÄúflashed over,âÄù University police Deputy Chief Chuck Miner said. The fire spread to some nearby patio furniture, and witnesses nearby quickly extinguished the flames.
Sweeney suffered burns to his chest and face and was transported to the Hennepin County Medical Center  by ambulance.
Man exposes himself to buses
University police arrested 50-year-old Daniel Burg of Bloomington on Oct. 4 for indecent exposure after he bared his genitals to two Campus Connector buses passing 200 Oak St. SE.
Burg, who was wearing a cowboy hat and black jacket at the time, flipped off and exposed himself to bus drivers Robert Vorwerk Jr. and Robert Blake as their buses drove past him.
According to a police report, Blake said Burg was upset that Vorwerk drove on, even though his bus was not scheduled to stop at that location.
A University police officer then arrested Burg for indecent exposure and took him to Hennepin County Jail.