Man arrested for apt. assaults

Leeban Simeso, 25, faces felony sexual conduct charges for three alleged assaults at Stadium View Apartments.
October 28, 2010

A Stadium View Apartments resident was arrested in connection with three alleged sexual assaults that occurred this month in the Delaware Street apartment building.

Leeban Simeso, 25, was taken into custody Oct. 20 for sexual assaults that occurred during the early morning in mid-October. Simeso is alleged to have raped one woman Oct. 8 and fondled two others in separate incidents Oct. 16.

Simeso remains in jail, according to Hennepin County records.

Jessica Nix, a spokeswoman for Place Properties, which manages Stadium View, said two of the alleged victims were also residents of Stadium View and one was the suspect’s roommate.

According to the police report for the Oct. 16 incident, the victim stated she was awakened around 6 a.m. by the suspect fondling her. When she screamed, the suspect left the location.

Simeso faces as many as three felony charges of criminal sexual conduct for rape and molestation, according to county records.

Nix said Simeso will be evicted from Stadium View — if he hasn’t already left.

All residents are subject to criminal background checks, Nix said.

"If this guy had a previous criminal history, it wasn’t enough to throw a flag in our screening process," she said.

Craig Nelson, a Stadium View resident and University sophomore, said residents received a notice about the assaults earlier this week but there wasn’t a whole lot of information. Nelson said he thought the assaults had occurred over the weekend.

He said Stadium View apartments seem pretty safe and as a 19-year-old male he doesn’t see himself as a potential victim of these types of crimes.