University announces winter closure dates

The University of Minnesota Twin Cities campus will be closed from Dec. 24 to Jan. 2, 2011.
November 29, 2010

The University of Minnesota Twin Cities campus, including buildings, business offices and student study spaces, will be closed over winter break from Dec. 24, 2010 until Jan. 2, 2011.

Only essential services will remain open, according to a University-wide e-mail sent Sunday night by Vice Provost for Student Affairs Jerry Rinehart.  The closure will save the University money on utility and labor costs.

Student services offices for undergraduates and graduates will be closed, although the One Stop website will be available for online registration and checking grades.

Several University residence halls will remain open, but all University Dining Service operations will close, including the residence hall facilities.

All libraries on campus will be closed and Boynton Health Services will offer pharmacy, walk-in care and limited other services from Dec.  28 to Dec. 30. 

The St. Paul Gym and Aquatics Center will be closed for the duration of the break, but the University Recreation Center will be open for limited times on Dec. 26, 28, 29 and 30, as well as on Jan. 2.