Kaler names search committee to find next athletics director

A four-person search committee with with a independent search firm to find a replacement for Joel Maturi
February 21, 2012

University of Minnesota President Eric Kaler named a search committee and independent firm to find the next director of athletics.

The search advisory committee is made up of 21 members and a four-person search committee will work with the Park Executive Search, a firm that specializes in collegiate athletics, to advise Kaler on replacing current director of athletics Joel Maturi, who will retire June 30.

The search advisory committee will review and finalize the job description, advance names of qualified candidates to the search committee and participate in on-campus interviews, according to a University statement.

The search committee members include Tim Mulcahy, vice president for research at the University; Mary Jo Kane, director of Tucker Center for Research on Girls & Women in Sport at the University; Amy Phenix, Kaler’s chief of staff; and John Lindahl, managing general partner with Norwest Equity Partners.

The search committee hopes to have finalists named by late April, and Kaler plans on naming an athletics director by early May.