Makeup bag must-haves

The products any college student needs in their arsenal.

College students know all too well the hectic scramble that comes with getting out the door before early morning classes. It’s neither practical nor affordable to own every beauty product known to man.

Stocking your beauty arsenal with only the essentials will keep you fresh faced and out the door in no time.

Here are the top-10 essential products for any makeup bag, with suggestions from ULTA Beauty manager Tara Skogstad:

1. Dry Shampoo

Dry shampoo is your new best friend. If you are rocking second (or third, I won’t judge) day hair, your locks are probably in need of a little touch up. To absorb any excess oil, spritz dry shampoo onto your roots, and comb it through. It freshens up your do and gives it volume and texture.

TRY: Batiste Dry Shampoo in Clean and Classic

2. Concealer

A dab of concealer masks dark eye bags from late-night study sessions. Apply and blend in a “v” shape under your eyes to brighten up a tired face.

TRY: Maybelline New York Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer

3. Mascara

Mascara does wonders, especially for blondes with naturally light lashes. A few swipes of mascara will add length and curl to your lashes, opening up the eye.

TRY: Benefit “They’re Real” Mascara

4. Tinted Lip Balm

A tinted lip balm gives dry winter lips the perfect amount of moisture and color. A rosy mauve color adds a touch of color, without being too bold for class.

TRY: EOS lip balm

5. Blush

Blush adds warmth and life to your face. Dab it on with a fluffy brush to the apples of your cheeks for a healthy, youthful look.

TRY: Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush

If you are ready to go the extra mile, these products are stellar additions as well:

6. Foundation

Take the time to find the right shade of foundation for you. Ask a sales associate for help, or do your best to match color to your neck. Foundation creates a flawless canvas to apply any makeup on top of. Pick a light to maximum coverage, depending on the trouble spots you want to conceal.

TRY: Revlon PhotoReady Airbrush Effect Foundation

7. Eye Brow Gel

Brows are the frame to your face. They may seem like a small detail, but they make all the difference. Use a clear tinted brow gel to keep them in line. You may fill them in with a color one shade darker than your hair, as needed.

TRY: Maybelline New York Great Lash Clear Mascara

8. Neutral Eyeshadow Palette

A basic palette of neutral eyeshadows combines to create a number of different looks for day or night. When in doubt, pick a lighter shade to sweep across eyelids with a darker shade for blending into the crease of your eye.

TRY: Urban Decay Naked Palette

9. Eye Liner

Practice makes perfect; mastering the flick of wing eyeliner can be tricky, but with a little practice, it adds drama to a simple makeup look.

TRY: Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner

10. Hand Cream

Hand cream is not only a makeup must-have, it is a winter necessity. Keep dry, chapped hands at bay with a rich hand cream for smoothing on between classes.

TRY: First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream