Earlier liquor at restaurants and growler sales took effect in Minneapolis and Duluth last Sunday

By Sadman Rahman

As of last Sunday, Minneapolis and Duluth restaurants and breweries can sell liquor and growlers on Sundays starting at 8 a.m. according to the Star Tribune.

The Pioneer Press reports that Gov. Dayton signed  legislation that allows such sales earlier this year, but they need to approved by municipalities before going into effect.

The article states that growler sales weren’t allowed on Sundays previously, and liquor sales started at 10 a.m. before the new law.

A previous report from the Minnesota Daily mentioned that these changes are likely to increase sales for breweries, but such an increase in liquor sales for restaurants is dubious.  

St. Paul instituted similar rules regarding growlers late last month, according to the Pioneer Press. They’ll go into effect on July 5th.Minneapolis and Duluth restaurants and breweries can now sell liquor and growlers on Sundays starting at 8 a.m. according to the Star Tribune.

St. Paul instituted similar rules regarding growlers late last month, according to the Pioneer Press. They’ll go into effect on July 5th.