Through the Lens

9/7/2014 2:05pm

Bubbles on Northrop Mall

Freshman Kathryn Chlystek makes a large bubble on Northrop Mall. Chlystek is a member of the Happiness Group, a student group that promotes living a happy lifestyle, who hosted the the bubble building activity. Liam Doyle/Minnesota Daily

3/19/2012 7:42pm

Gopher women's hockey comes home

Forward Sarah Erickson clutches the NCAA national champion trophy Monday when the Minnesota women’s hockey team pulled up to Ridder Arena greeted by family and fans.

2/19/2012 5:06pm

Photos of the week, Feb 12-18

Attorney Jordan Kushner argues before the Minnesota Supreme Court on behalf of his client, former University student Amanda Tatro, on Wednesday at the capitol. Tatro sued the University over disciplinary actions the University took after she posted comments on Facebook the that administrators found threatening. By Mark Vancleave.

2/12/2012 6:18pm

Photos of the Week

Republican presidential candidate Rep. Ron Paul, R-Texas, signs a dollar bill at a caucus site Tuesday night in Coon Rapids, Minn. Anthony Kwan 

2/12/2012 5:26pm

Indian Summer

Nick Hanson launches over a mulch pile near the East River Parkway on Monday. Hanson said he wanted to take advantage of the warm weather and lack of snow while it lasts. 

2/2/2012 6:52pm

Photos of the Week

University police officer Daniel Farrar questions a man involved in a vehicle collision Friday at the intersection of Cedar Avenue and South Sixth Street. Officer Farrar said he has arrested this man in the past. -Maris Wojcik 

12/7/2011 10:46pm

Nativity

A unique nativity scene on display at Wescott Station antique shop in St. Paul.  Kurt Wescott says that the nativity scene, which takes more than six hours to put up, is a local attraction during the holiday season.  His mother Rosalie Wescott has been arranging the scene for more than 12 years.

11/20/2011 6:34pm

Silo

The Beef Cattle Barn silo seen through a window in the Argonomy Seed House Wednesday afternoon on the St. Paul campus.

11/17/2011 4:35pm

Lungs

An undergraduate student pumps air into a set of pig lungs to demonstrate how they expand during respiration.

11/13/2011 1:55am

Trust

Minnesota linebacker Keanon Cooper makes his way off the field at halftime during Saturday's game against Wisconsin at TCF Bank Stadium.  The writing on Cooper's wrist reads, "All Out Every Play.  Be Physical!!!  Trust God."  The Badgers led the Gophers 28-6 at the half.

6/29/2011 6:27pm

NE Minneapolis Farmer's Market

Friday June 4th marked the beginning of the North East Minneapolis Farmer's Market with a pancake breakfast fundraiser. Volunteers made the pancakes with all locally grown ingredients in the basement of St. Boniface Church. Outside in the parking lot, the farmers market began with several vendors and more will be participating as the season progresses. 

6/29/2011 6:28pm

Flint Hills International Children's Festival

The festival, hosted by the Ordway and sponsored by Flint Hills, Target, and others, featured performances from national artist such as Project Bandaloop from California. During the school days, children from local schools were able to do art projects, sidewalk chalk, and learn latin dances. 

4/4/2011 6:14pm

To the Chopping Block!

With a live band, a free supply of PBR and the artists of live painters Rouge Citizen, Gallery 13 was packed Friday night for the closing of Rouge Citizen's show case. Unlike most artists, this unique four man crew wasn't just giving their art one last chance to be sold off; they were literally offing their unsold paintings to pieces. 

3/30/2011 8:17am

Solidarity in Social Sciences

Starting Monday, March 28, groups of students and other community members gathered in front of Coffman Union and marched across the Washington Avenue Bridge to the Social Sciences building. There, they are occupying the building in solidarity with Wisconsinites in their current struggle over collective-bargaining rights and university budget cuts.