Since it hasn’t been reported yet, the No. 21 Minnesota men’s basketball team picked up its first Big 10 win of the season with today’s 68-59 win over Ohio State.

More news on Don Lucia’s health…Lucia will be in the building tonight although he will not coach; he’ll watch from the locker room. He’ll also address the media after the first period. His doctor will also make a statement, which tells me this isn’t just the flu. I’ll be back as soon as the press conference is over to update.

On with the games, Brown and Western Michigan just skated to a 1-1 overtime tie that with only one game left looked like the game of the tournament (or at least the 15 minutes of play I saw). Western Michigan actually looked like it had the game iced in OT, but Brown’s goalie came up with the save every time.

Now it’s time for the game everyone had hoped to see this weekend; No. 4 Minnesota against No. 6 Northeastern. The Gophers have played well in 11 games against ranked opponents this year. In those games, Minnesota (9-3-5 overall) are 6-3-2 against its foes.

It’s fun to watch some of these schools from out east because they’re fresh faces. Minnesota plays at least two games (usually four and sometimes even more) against WCHA teams, so when you get to watch teams like Northeastern, Western Michigan, and Brown play, you’re seeing something different. One thing you aren’t seeing is Minnesotans. Of the three visiting teams, Western Michigan is the only team that lists a Minnesota on its starting roster. Broncos goalie Riley Gill of Northfield has split time with tonight’s starter Jerry Kuhn this season. Gill did play last night in Western Michigan’s 3-1 loss to Northeastern, but he’s also recorded each of the Broncos three wins this year.

Lines are identical to last night…once again no Grant Scott:

Tony Lucia-Ryan Stoa-Jay Barriball

Jake Hansen-Mike Carman-Ryan Flynn

Justin Bostrom-Patrick White-Nico Sacchetti

Drew Fisher-Nick Larson-Joe Miller

Aaron Ness-David Fischer

Kevin Wehrs-R.J. Anderson

Brian Schack-Sam Lofquist

Alex Kangas in net with Kent Patterson and Jake Kremer backing up.

Around the WCHA:

Wisconsin’s unbeaten streak came to an end with a 3-2 loss against Northern Michigan. Bemidji State had a close game with UND; losing 4-3 to a team they’ve only beaten once in history. Denver tied Holy Cross 2-2 in overtime, and UMD edged UMass Lowell 2-1.

Speaking of the Sioux, former UND standout and current Chicago Blackhawk Jonathan Toews was named a starter for the Western All-Stars. He and the West will take on an Eastern Conference team that will start four members of the Montreal Canadiens after a very controversial vote by fans this year.