Women’s hockey announces signing class

Head coach Brad Frost announced Friday that the Gophers women's hockey team has signed seven players to National Letters of Intent. The seven players, six from Minnesota, will be called upon to help fill the hole in the roster left at the end of the season.

Forwards Dani Cameranesi, Kate Flug, Kate Schipper and Megan Wolfe, along with defensemen Kelsey Cline and Paige Hailey and goalie Sidney Peters, will join Minnesota next fall.

The top-ranked Gophers will graduate Megan Bozek, Noora Räty, Becky Kortum, Mira Jalosuo, Katie Frischmann and Sam Downey following the season, and select players, including top forward junior Amanda Kessel, will most likely spend the season preparing for and competing in the 2014 Winter Olympics.

"I am thrilled with the class that we have coming to us in the fall of 2013," Frost said in a release. "All of the players have had experience at USA Hockey camps, with many continuing on with the USA [Under-18] team. More importantly, they are wonderful people and will fit in great with the culture that we have established here."

Peters, Cameranesi, Schipper and Wolfe were named to the Under-18 team, which was announced on Nov. 21.