Gophers vs. Texas A&M Corpus Christi: 5 things to watch for

Saturday night marks the Gophers final tune-up before Big Ten play as Minnesota takes on Texas A&M Corpus Christi.

Here are my 5 things to watch for:

Fine-tuning: While it's been a fairly successful nonconference slate for the Gophers, there are undoubtedly things to work on. Rebounding and consistency top the list. A 40-minute performance and a strong performance on the glass (particularly from the likes of King and Osenieks) could provide a nice springboard toward improving in the the Big Ten.

Andre Hollins: Hollins provided one of his strongest performances this season in the Gophers 92-79 win over Nebraska-Omaha on Dec. 20 (18 points and 10 rebounds), but before that, Hollins had been in somewhat of a shooting slump. Can Hollins stay hot tonight? Minnesota will need him against Michigan on Thursday.

Backcourt support: The Hollins duo has received plenty of help from their backcourt mates this season. DeAndre Mathieu (11.9 points per game) and Malik Smith (10.0) are the only other Gophers averaging double figures this season. There continued contributions would take some responsibility out of Minnesota's two best players/

Eliason making it look easy: The Big Easy chipped in 10 points and nine rebounds in the win over Omaha — and almost no one noticed. That's been a common theme for Eliason this season (6.1 points and 8.4 rebounds). There hasn't been a game where Eliason has looked overmatched, and I wouldn't expect that trend to change tonight.

Four guard lineup – A lineup featuring the Gophers five best players is likely to include four guards. That lineup was on the court a lot against Omaha, as Osenieks and King combined to play just 22 minutes. Omaha was small, but if the Gophers go with four guards for extended periods again tonight, it could be a foreshadow to what they may try to do in the Big Ten.