University President Kaler will receive help from a 16-member search commitee and the firm Turnkey Search in the process of hiring a new athletics director, the University announced on Wednesday.
Turnkey Search assisted Michigan and Georgetown in their recent athletics director searches and will receive a flat fee of $150,000 plus expenses. The comittee includes local business leaders, four former Minnesota athletes, one current athlete, and one current coach. The committee will recommend a list of candidates to Kaler, who said he hopes to make a hire in late spring or early summer.
Katrice Albert, the University's vice president for equity and diverstiy, and Perry Leo, professor of aerospace engineering and faculty athletics representative, will co-chair the committee.
The other 14 members of the search committee members are listed below:
· Duke Anyanwu - Gopher student-athlete; Member, Advisory Committee on Athletics
· Shari Ballard - President of U.S. Retail, Best Buy Corporation; Trustee, University of Minnesota Foundation
· Jeremiah Carter - Director of Athletic Compliance; former Gopher student-athlete
· Kevin Cattoor - Chief Operating Officer, Foodsby; Former Executive Vice President, Minnesota Twins
· Bob Cunningham - Chief Executive Officer, Tri-County Implement; Member, President’s Club, University of Minnesota Foundation
· Marty Davis - President & Chief Executive Officer, Cambria: Member, Intercollegiate Athletics Leadership Council
· Emily Hoover - Professor of Horticulture; Faculty Athletics Representative
· Lisa Kihl - Associate Professor of Kinesiology; Chair, sub-committee on Equity and Diversity, Advisory Committee on Athletics
· Lisa Lissimore - Associate Director, Minnesota State High School League; Former Gopher student-athlete
· Hugh McCutcheon - Head Coach, Golden Gopher Volleyball
· Deborah Olson - CEO & Chair, Nelson Laboratories (retired); Member, Intercollegiate Athletics Leadership Council
· Darrell Thompson - President, Bolder Options; Former Gopher student-athlete
· Tom Vannelli - Director of Corporate Sales & Marketing, 3M Championship; Former Gopher student-athlete
· Kevin Warren - Chief Operating Officer, Minnesota Vikings; Trustee, University of Minnesota Foundation