Mac DeMarco cleaved on “The Eric Andre Show”

On a recent episode of Adult Swim’s “The Eric Andre Show,” indie rock sweetheart Mac DeMarco became indie rock victim Attacked DeMarco when a gaggle of Asian warriors forced DeMarco’s face into a farting butt.

While I wish there was a more mature way to phrase that last part (okay, they’re probably is), but it’s hard to find another way to describe comedian Eric Andre’s bizarre, public-access aesthetic lending itself to a nude man flatulating into DeMarco’s unwitting face.

Before the attack, DeMarco played a snippet of the 2012 track “Still Together,” from his “2” release. The song’s casual bossa nova rip captured the beige tone of Andre’s lo-fi show, and it’s a shame he didn’t get the chance to finish the performance.

If you want more, check out DeMarco’s rad performances of “2” cuts “Ode to Viceroy” and “Still Together” from the Pitchfork Music Festival in 2013.

In the watery “Ode to Viceroy,” DeMarco’s performance of the lazy cigarette lovesong subverts his usual sunny guitar harmonies, as the two guitarist trade out-of-tune plucks with aplomb.

For the Pitchfork performance of “Still Together,” DeMarco closed his afternoon set with a heartfelt ballad to his girlfriend, whom he brought onstage (and on his shoulders) to sing a sweetly dance with.

Despite his slacker/stoner image, it’s clear that DeMarco has a soft side, all the more reason not to fart in his face.

*Note of clarification: “The Eric Andre Show” is a comedy show, and DeMarco was not actually farted upon.