Greek Life Week Ahead

Here is your greek life week ahead for April 23 – 29:

Sweetheart Week begins Monday for the Kappa Sigma Fraternity.  The fraternity will hold its phianthropy event on Thursday.

On Wednesday, all greek study tables will be held at Walter Library  from 6:00 p.m. until 9:00 p.m.

This week is also marks a first in philanthropy for the Alpha Epsilon Pi fraternity.  "Dog days" will run from Monday through Wednesday on campus and then Friday night at Relay For Life, Alpha Epsilon Pi President Jared Cohen said.

The chapter is working with Chabad, a Jewish student group on campus, to raise money for Sharsheret, an organization supporting young women and their fight against breast cancer.

Two locations on campus – one on the West Bank near Willey Hall and the other at Northrop Plaza – served hot dogs, chips and soda Monday.  The booths will be back Tuesday and Wednesday from 10:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Cohen said.

The idea for the event came from another national chapter that saw success, he said.  The University of Minnesota effort is trying to raise $1,000. 

Hot dogs cost $1.50, chips $0.75 and soda $0.50.  A $2.50 combo will get you all three, Cohen said.

On Sunday, the greek community will come together at Willey Hall for greek awards.

Spring Jam results will be revealed along with chapter and individual awards for the year.

Multicultural Greek Council, Interfraternity Council and Panhellenic Council chapters are up awards like  Chapters of Excellence, Outstanding Risk Management Program and Greek Man and Woman of the Year.

The event will start at 7:00 p.m. on Sunday.