National NAACP coming to Minneapolis

The head of the national division of the NAACP is coming to Minneapolis, reports CBS Minnesota.

Cornell William Brooks will join a candlelight vigil on Friday outside the police precinct where protesters have demonstrated in response to the death of Jamar Clark on Sunday, according to the Star Tribune.

"We may be cold but our hearts are burning for justice. We will not be silent and we will not be moved," Stephen Green, national director for NAACP’s youth and college division said to Minnesota Public Radio. "This is not the end, and we are not going to allow this one moment to pass us by. We are here to stand with systematic and long lasting transformation in this community."

Minneapolis NAACP President Nekima Levy-Pounds said to MPR that there are still questions to be answered by police and demanded again that law enforcement release video of the incident.

"There have been so many false narratives that have been spun from the Minneapolis Police Department," Levy-Pounds said to MPR. "We've been on the ground, we've talked to witnesses, we have serious concerns about the narratives that are out there that are inconsistent with what many witnesses in the community say happened."

Green told the Star Tribune that Minneapolis needed the national chapter’s backing because they believe that an execution took place.

“[Clark’s death] is so clear-cut, that it can be used as an example across the country,” Green said to the Star Tribune.