Upon Further Review has everything you ever wanted to know about Gophers athletics (and then some). The Daily’s Sports team brings in-depth analysis, live blogs of Minnesota game days as well as any extra tidbits of information to help fans get their Gophers sports fix.
Wed, 10/29, 8:37pm (2 days ago)
Zach Lofton has been dismissed from the Gophers men's basketball team “for failing to meet the expectations and obligations of the team,” the University announced Wednesday night. “While decisions like this are always difficult, we felt it was in the interest of our program to move forward at this time,” head…
Tue, 10/28, 10:25pm (3 days ago)
The University of Minnesota announced Friday that Gophers student-athletes, who enrolled at the school between 2004-2007, achieved a graduation success rate (GSR) of 86 percent. The GSR measures the percentage of student-athletes that graduated in six years after enrolling between 2004-2007, according to the NCAA. Since the NCAA began releasing the…
Tue, 10/28, 2:55pm (3 days ago)
After helping the Gophers earn a sweep in their home opener against Bemidji State, senior forward Travis Boyd was named the Big Ten's First Star of the Week on Tuesday. Boyd, a Hopkins native, recorded the first multi-goal game of his career Friday night aganist the Beavers, scoring a power play…
Sun, 10/26, 3:23pm (5 days ago)
The Gophers men's basketball team's intrasquad scrimmage tips off Sunday at 4 p.m. at Williams Arena. The lineups are as follows: Maroon team DeAndre Mathieu, Zach Lofton, Daquein McNeil, Joey King, Mo Walker, Charles Buggs and Kendal Shell Gold team Nate Mason, Andre Hollins, Carlos Morris, Josh Martin, Elliott Eliason, Bakary Konate and Darin…
Sat, 10/25, 12:38pm (6 days ago)
For the second straight week, Minnesota's defense struggled to contain the opposition early on and the Gophers trail Illinois 14-3 at halftime. The Illini offense came out of the gates firing, with quarterback Reilly O'Toole completing eight of nine first quarter passes for 76 yards. O'Toole also rushed eight times…
Sat, 10/18, 12:53pm (2 weeks ago)
  The Gophers will head into the locker room with the goal of accomplishing something that has never been done in the Jerry Kill era — win a game after trailing at halftime. The Gophers are 0-22 when trailing at the break under Kill and are down 31-20. Purdue has used its…
Thu, 10/16, 6:24pm (2 weeks ago)
Richard Pitino spent his first season at Minnesota not only winning the NIT, but also assembling an athletic recruiting class that fits the uptempo style he wants to play. With a revamped roster home to just a few Tubby Smith holdovers, the Gophers will look to use their newfound athleticism…
Tue, 10/14, 2:36pm (2 weeks ago)
After helping the Gophers win the Ice Breaker Tournament for the second year in a row, sophomore forward Hudson Fasching took home more than just the tournament trophy. He was named MVP of the tournament and was also honored as the Big Ten's first star of the week for men's…
Mon, 10/13, 1:13pm (3 weeks ago)
After helping lead her team to two key Big Ten wins over the weekend, sophomore midfielder Josee Stiever took home co-Big Ten Offensive Player of the Week honors Monday. Stiever shared the award with sophomore forward Madison Tiernan of Rutgers. Stiever scored two goals in what she described as a "really…
Mon, 10/13, 1:12pm (3 weeks ago)
Sat, 10/11, 12:46pm (3 weeks ago)
A pair of one-yard touchdown runs from Mitch Leidner has the Gophers leading Northwestern 14-10 at the half. Leidner, who rushed for -5 yards in Minnesota's win at Michigan last month, has been very active on the ground in the early going.  The redshirt sophomore quarterback broke one run for 22…
Thu, 10/2, 4:20pm (4 weeks ago)
The Gophers football team doesn't play this Saturday, but there was plenty to write about following their 30-14 win at Michigan last week. Below are links to all of our coverage on the football team published over the past few days.  With Jerry Kill back at the Big House, the Gophers…
Mon, 9/29, 1:48pm (1 month ago)
The Gophers men's hockey team came in at first place on two preseason polls Monday, ranking at the top of both the USCHO.com poll and the USA Hockey/USA Hockey Magazine poll. The Gophers ended up with a large majority of the first place votes in both polls, earning 36 out of 50 in the…
Mon, 9/29, 1:26pm (1 month ago)
Sophomore defender Ashley Pafko earned Big Ten Defensive Player of the Week honors on Monday, fresh off a performance that helped her team secure its first road sweep of the season. With her team down 1-0 Sunday at Indiana, Pafko scored the equalizer and helped give her team a boost. From…
Sun, 9/28, 4:33pm (1 month ago)
  Before the season started, Mitch Leidner said he’d never suffered a serious injury in his life. That quickly changed after Leidner sprained his left knee in Minnesota’s second game of the year against Middle Tennessee State. He didn’t look like himself the next week at TCU and came up even more…