Upon Further Review has everything you ever wanted to know about Gophers athletics (and then some). The Daily’s Sports team brings in-depth analysis, live blogs of Minnesota game days as well as any extra tidbits of information to help fans get their Gophers sports fix.
Mon, 5/2, 4:37pm (4 weeks ago)
By Mike Hendrickson Redshirt freshman defensive lineman Mose Hall will transfer from Minnesota, he announced on his Twitter account Monday. After redshirting during the 2015-16 season, the Mobile, Ala. native was switched to offensive line early in spring ball and later went back to the defensive line. He was the No. 68 prospect…
Mon, 4/18, 5:09pm (1 month ago)
Whitney Tinjum has been added to the Gophers women's basketball program as a graduate transfer from Bradley University, the team announced on Monday. The 6-foot-1 inch forward will join the team for the 2016-17 season. Tinjum, a Stacy, Minn. native who played at Chisago Lakes High School, averaged 9.2 points and…
Sun, 4/17, 4:58pm (1 month ago)
By Mike Hendrickson The Gophers football team added its second commitment to its 2017 recruiting class on Sunday. Eric Abojei, an offensive lineman from New Hope, Minn., committed to the school verbally on Twitter. He is a three-star recruit according to Scout.com and also has an offer from Iowa State. Abojei is listed…
Fri, 4/15, 12:15pm (1 month ago)
By Mike Hendrickson Former Gophers backup quarterback Chris Streveler is leaving the program and seeking a transfer, the Star Tribune reported on Friday. Streveler was moved to wide receiver during the 2015 season and had one reception.   He did not attempt a pass in 2015 after attempting 11 the season before, with…
Fri, 4/15, 10:29am (1 month ago)
Milwaukee graduate transfer Akeem Springs committed to the Gophers on Friday, announcing his decision on Periscope. The 6-foot-4-inch, 210 pound guard will take the scholarship left open after Kevin Dorsey decided to transfer from the team. Springs will be eligible to play his final year immediately, and provide experience to the Gophers…
Thu, 4/14, 10:57pm (2 months ago)
Rachel Banham's professional career is underway. The guard was taken fourth overall by the Connecticut Sun in the 2016 WNBA Draft on Thursday night, and was the first player not from the University of Connecticut off the board. The selection also carried a piece of historical symmetry, as former Gophers guard…
Sat, 4/9, 2:58pm (2 months ago)
Final score: Gold 19, White 7 Recap: A cold and windy Saturday gave the Gophers annual spring game fall weather, and the Gold team responded with a performance perfect for the conditions. The Gold team ran for 190 yards in a 19-7 victory over the White team, thanks the efforts of its offensive…
Sat, 4/9, 12:13pm (2 months ago)
By Mike Hendrickson Blaise Andries, the top 2017 football recruit in Minnesota, committed to the Gophers before the team’s spring game on Saturday. Andries, an offensive lineman from Marshall, announced his decision over Twitter. The Gophers also secured the top in-state recruit in last year’s class in linebacker Carter Coughlin. Coughlin committed…
Fri, 4/8, 9:14am (2 months ago)
By Mike Hendrickson Gophers swimmer Kierra Smith is headed to the 2016 Olympics. Smith, who did not swim with Minnesota this year to train, will represent Team Canada after qualifying in the 100-meter breaststroke. She swam a time of 1:06.93 in the event at Canada’s Olympic Trials on Thursday in Toronto, a time…
Wed, 4/6, 1:32pm (2 months ago)
Gophers men's basketball head coach Richard Pitino posted a blog on Wednesday morning, hitting on many topics surrounding his team in the offseason. Minnesota's record has regressed each season under Pitino and the team finished 8-23 (2-16 Big Ten) last year, but he wrote next year's team should be the deepest…
Tue, 4/5, 11:41am (2 months ago)
Former Minnesota quarterbacks coach and passing game coordinator Jim Zebrowski has been hired at Hamline, the school announced on Tuesday. Zebrowski was named the assistant head coach and offensive coordinator for the Division III school, after five seasons with the Gophers. Minnesota head coach Tracy Claeys decided to not bring Zebrowski…
Mon, 4/4, 4:42pm (2 months ago)
By Mike Hendrickson Sophomore point guard Kevin Dorsey will be leaving the Gophers and transferring to another school, head coach Richard Pitino announced Monday. Dorsey was suspended for the team’s final four games of the season, along with guards Nate Mason and Dupree McBrayer, for a violation of team rules. The Associated…
Mon, 4/4, 2:59pm (2 months ago)
Gophers do-it-all junior Matt Fiedler was named the Co-Big Ten Baseball Player of the Week on Monday, after helping his team to a series victory against Iowa over the weekend. Fiedler went 7-13 at the plate in three games against the Hawkeyes, with two home runs and six RBIs. He also…
Tue, 3/29, 12:59pm (2 months ago)
By Tommy Jaakola Gophers diving coach Wenbo Chen was named the co-Big Ten Men's Diving Coach of the Year on Tuesday for the first time in his career. Chen has won the award on the women's side four times at Minnesota, including last week. Minnesota men's team sent four divers to the…
Tue, 3/29, 12:44pm (2 months ago)
Josie Buckingham and Danielle Garven have been granted their release from the Gophers women's basketball team and will seek to transfer, assistant director of athletics communications Justine Buerkle told the Minnesota Daily on Tuesday. Buckingham, a center from New Richmond, Ohio, appeared played only 27 minutes as a sophomore and scored…