Upon Further Review has everything you ever wanted to know about Gophers athletics (and then some). The Daily’s Sports team brings in-depth analysis, live blogs of Minnesota game days as well as any extra tidbits of information to help fans get their Gophers sports fix.
Sat, 11/22, 12:47pm (4 days ago)
The Gophers trail Nebraska 21-7 at halftime after the Cornhuskers blocked a Ryan Santoso field goal attempt and returned it 85 yards for a touchdown.  Quarterback Mitch Leidner has used his legs to get the Gophers offense going, accounting for 60 rushing yards and Minnesota's only touchdown. He hasn't had much…
Fri, 11/21, 10:54pm (4 days ago)
The Gophers wanted to rebound after being swept by in-state rival Duluth. Instead, they watched a team of players too young to gamble celebrate a victory in the corner of their home ice. That team, the U.S. Under-18 Team, defeated the Gophers in overtime Friday night 5-4 at Mariucci Arena. After Arizona native…
Thu, 11/20, 10:02pm (5 days ago)
After Minnesota had beaten Franklin Pierce 109-57 Thursday night at Williams Arena, Richard Pitino wasn't quite sure what to say. There wasn't much the second year head coach could take away from beating the pants off a Division II oponent.  But after the Gophers jumped out to a 24-point halftime lead,…
Sat, 11/15, 12:44pm (2 weeks ago)
  Despite being the coldest game in TCF Bank Stadium history, Ohio State came out on fire, torching the Gophers with two long scoring drives in the first quarter. After the teams traded three-and-outs, Ohio State freshman quarterback J.T Barrett found a hole and burst for an 86-yard touchdown run. Six minutes…
Fri, 11/14, 8:09pm (2 weeks ago)
20 minutes into its game against Louisville in Puerto Rico, Minnesota is close to winning the turnover battle, Nate Mason looks much older than a freshman and Andre Hollins is back to his sharpshooting ways.  Yet, the Gophers trail the No. 8 Cardinals by 13 at halftime. The catalyst? Excessive fouls…
Fri, 11/14, 12:05pm (2 weeks ago)
  The college basketball season officially begins tonight — and Minnesota is on center stage in a prime-time ESPN matchup against No. 8 Louisville. Stop pinching yourselves, Gophers fans.  Here are links to all the coverage you need to prepare for the game and the Gophers season, from yours truly.  Those watching the…
Tue, 11/11, 9:54pm (2 weeks ago)
Richard Pitino and his coaching staff will charter a plane to Aguadilla, Puerto Rico, on Wednesday for their Friday matchup with Louisville in the Armed Forces Classic.  But back in Minneapolis, coveted local recruit Jarvis Johnson will sign his national letter of intent to play at Minnesota. Wednesday is the first…
Tue, 11/11, 10:47am (2 weeks ago)
After a home sweep of Notre Dame, the Gophers managed to capture two of the Big Ten's weekly three stars. Sophomore forward Taylor Cammarata was given the Big Ten's first star of the week Tuesday morning, while junior goaltender Adam Wilcox was given the second star. Cammarata tallied five points over the…
Mon, 11/10, 4:16pm (2 weeks ago)
When Minnesota faces Louisville in Aguadilla, Puerto Rico, on Friday night, the temperature will be around 80 degrees with 83 percent humidity.  But the Gophers practice gym at Bierman Field Athletic Building is even hotter. Head coach Richard Pitino turned the thermostat up for Minnesota's recent practices to simulate playing in…
Mon, 11/10, 3:42pm (2 weeks ago)
Redshirt senior center Mo Walker and freshman guard Nate Mason will practice Monday after sitting out Minnesota's 95-68 exhibition win over Minnesota-Duluth on Thursday.  Walker, who head coach Richard Pitino said could have suited up for the exhibition, practiced on Saturday after injuring his hamstring in a preseason scrimmage and looked…
Sun, 11/9, 5:42pm (2 weeks ago)
Senior defender Becca Roberts was named to the Big Ten Women's Soccer All-Tournament Team Sunday afternoon, after helping the Gophers get their first postseason win under head coach Stefanie Golan. Roberts, a Lino Lakes, Minn. native, helped the Gophers shutout No. 25 Michigan Wednesday night, allowing the team to advance to…
Sat, 11/8, 12:49pm (3 weeks ago)
  For the second straight week, Minnesota found itself down before its offense took the field. However, thanks to a 28-point second quarter, the Gophers find themselves up 35-7 at halftime. After Iowa scored on their first possession, the Gophers responded with an opening drive touchdown of their own.  Junior receiver KJ…
Thu, 11/6, 10:03pm (3 weeks ago)
Carlos Morris moved to campus over the summer a lithe 6-foot, 5-inch, 160-pound junior college transfer. Since then he's gained about 15 pounds — and a starting spot.  Morris scored a game-high 23 points in Minnesota's 95-68 exhibition win over Minnesota-Duluth on Thursday night, sinking midrange jumpers on every spot of…
Thu, 11/6, 8:01pm (3 weeks ago)
Richard Pitino tossed out a surprise starting lineup in Minnesota's exhibition against Minnesota-Duluth on Thursday night, with Josh Martin and Bakary Konate beginning the game instead of Joey King and Elliott Eliason.  The move yielded poor returns with the Gophers trailing in the game's opening minutes. But once King and Eliason…
Tue, 11/4, 10:00pm (3 weeks ago)
The Minnesota Twins announced Monday they have hired Gophers alum Paul Molitor as their new manager. The hire was officially announced at a press conference Tuesday. "This is an incredible day for me," Molitor said at the press conference. "I have no doubt in my mind whatsoever that I am exactly…