Upon Further Review has everything you ever wanted to know about Gophers athletics (and then some). The Daily’s Sports team brings in-depth analysis, live blogs of Minnesota game days as well as any extra tidbits of information to help fans get their Gophers sports fix.
Sat, 10/18, 12:53pm (7 days ago)
  The Gophers will head into the locker room with the goal of accomplishing something that has never been done in the Jerry Kill era — win a game after trailing at halftime. The Gophers are 0-22 when trailing at the break under Kill and are down 31-20. Purdue has used its…
Thu, 10/16, 6:24pm (1 week ago)
Richard Pitino spent his first season at Minnesota not only winning the NIT, but also assembling an athletic recruiting class that fits the uptempo style he wants to play. With a revamped roster home to just a few Tubby Smith holdovers, the Gophers will look to use their newfound athleticism…
Tue, 10/14, 2:36pm (1 week ago)
After helping the Gophers win the Ice Breaker Tournament for the second year in a row, sophomore forward Hudson Fasching took home more than just the tournament trophy. He was named MVP of the tournament and was also honored as the Big Ten's first star of the week for men's…
Mon, 10/13, 1:13pm (2 weeks ago)
After helping lead her team to two key Big Ten wins over the weekend, sophomore midfielder Josee Stiever took home co-Big Ten Offensive Player of the Week honors Monday. Stiever shared the award with sophomore forward Madison Tiernan of Rutgers. Stiever scored two goals in what she described as a "really…
Mon, 10/13, 1:12pm (2 weeks ago)
Sat, 10/11, 12:46pm (2 weeks ago)
A pair of one-yard touchdown runs from Mitch Leidner has the Gophers leading Northwestern 14-10 at the half. Leidner, who rushed for -5 yards in Minnesota's win at Michigan last month, has been very active on the ground in the early going.  The redshirt sophomore quarterback broke one run for 22…
Thu, 10/2, 4:20pm (3 weeks ago)
The Gophers football team doesn't play this Saturday, but there was plenty to write about following their 30-14 win at Michigan last week. Below are links to all of our coverage on the football team published over the past few days.  With Jerry Kill back at the Big House, the Gophers…
Mon, 9/29, 1:48pm (4 weeks ago)
The Gophers men's hockey team came in at first place on two preseason polls Monday, ranking at the top of both the USCHO.com poll and the USA Hockey/USA Hockey Magazine poll. The Gophers ended up with a large majority of the first place votes in both polls, earning 36 out of 50 in the…
Mon, 9/29, 1:26pm (4 weeks ago)
Sophomore defender Ashley Pafko earned Big Ten Defensive Player of the Week honors on Monday, fresh off a performance that helped her team secure its first road sweep of the season. With her team down 1-0 Sunday at Indiana, Pafko scored the equalizer and helped give her team a boost. From…
Sun, 9/28, 4:33pm (4 weeks ago)
  Before the season started, Mitch Leidner said he’d never suffered a serious injury in his life. That quickly changed after Leidner sprained his left knee in Minnesota’s second game of the year against Middle Tennessee State. He didn’t look like himself the next week at TCU and came up even more…
Sat, 9/27, 5:56pm (4 weeks ago)
ANN ARBOR, Mich. — The Gophers stunned Michigan 30-14 on Saturday for just their second win over the Wolverines since 1986. Minnesota rode senior running back David Cobb for 183 yards on 32 carries.  Redshirt sophomore quarterback Mitch Leidner completed 14 of 22 passes for 167 yards after missing last week's…
Sat, 9/27, 4:04pm (4 weeks ago)
  Minnesota quarterback Mitch Leidner returned to the starting role and has led the Gophers to a 10-7 lead at halftime. After missing last week’s game against San Jose State with turf toe, Leidner was announced the starter just hours before kick off. The redshirt sophomore has put together a solid…
Wed, 9/24, 7:14pm (4 weeks ago)
The Minnesota women’s hockey team will start the 2014-15 campaign ranked number one in both the USCHO and USA Today/USA Hockey Magazine preseason polls. The Gophers are coming off a season in which they lost in the national championship game to Clarkson and saw their NCAA-record 62 consecutive game win streak…
Wed, 9/24, 12:17pm (1 month ago)
The Minnesota men's hockey team was picked as the preseason favorite to win the Big Ten in the 2014-15 season, the conference announced Wednesday. Five Gophers were also selected to the annual Big Ten Preseason Players to Watch list, the most selections by any Big Ten school. Minnesota was picked first…
Tue, 9/23, 7:19pm (1 month ago)
Sophomores Sarah Wilhite and Paige Tapp earned their first Big Ten weekly honors on Monday.  Wilhite, an outside hitter, was named the Big Ten's Player of the Week. Middle blocker Tapp received Defensive Player of the Week. The two earned their accolades from their performances at the Rocket Invitational in Toledo…