Upon Further Review has everything you ever wanted to know about Gophers athletics (and then some). The Daily’s Sports team brings in-depth analysis, live blogs of Minnesota game days as well as any extra tidbits of information to help fans get their Gophers sports fix.
Thu, 12/11, 12:22pm (6 days ago)
As finals approach, freshman defenseman Ryan Collins has been doing some extra studying with his roommate. Collins isn’t studying for a class though. He’s been receiving tips from freshman forward Leon Bristedt on how to communicate on the ice if and when the two face each other in the 2015 IIHF…
Tue, 12/9, 10:51am (1 week ago)
After leaving a game against Northeastern early due to a penalty, junior defenseman Mike Reilly made the most of his ice time last weekend. Reilly was named the Big Ten's First Star of the Week on Tuesday, the first defenseman to win the First Star in the conference's brief history, after…
Tue, 12/9, 10:48am (1 week ago)
Tue, 12/9, 10:47am (1 week ago)
After leaving a game against Northeastern early due to a penalty, junior defenseman Mike Reilly made the most of his ice time last weekend. Reilly was named the Big Ten's First Star of the Week on Tuesday, after tallying a five point weekend on the road against Michigan State. The 2013 First…
Mon, 12/8, 5:21pm (1 week ago)
Eric Decker returned to Minneapolis with the New York Jets for Sunday's game against the Minnesota Vikings at TCF Bank Stadium. The Gophers alum, who was drafted by the Denver Broncos in 2010, signed a five-year deal with the Jets worth over $32 million in March. But while he's making a name…
Mon, 12/8, 4:59pm (1 week ago)
The Gophers' football team is in for a treat when they head to Orlando, Fla., for its New Year's Day bowl game against Missouri. Aside from the increase in temperature, the Gophers will come home bearing gifts from the Buffalo Wild Wings Citrus Bowl. Gophers players will receive a Best Buy gift…
Mon, 12/8, 1:15pm (1 week ago)
A showdown between Gophers may be looming. Freshman forward Leon Bristedt was named to Sweden's preliminary camp roster Monday morning, for the 2015 IIHF World Junior Championship. Bristedt will compete for a spot on the team, just as teammates Hudson Fasching and Ryan Collins will compete for spots on the U.S.…
Mon, 12/8, 1:13pm (1 week ago)
Wed, 12/3, 6:58pm (2 weeks ago)
First Sweden, now North Carolina. The Gophers have reached into different parts of the country for their past two signing classes, with the program's first two Swedish players joining the team this year and a North Carolina native to potentially follow down the road. The Gophers announced the signing of Cary, N.C.…
Tue, 12/2, 12:55pm (2 weeks ago)
A pair of Gophers were named to the U.S. National Junior Team camp roster on Tuesday, in preparation for the 2015 IIHF World Junior Championship. Sophomore forward Hudson Fasching and freshman defenseman Ryan Collins, who have both skated with the U.S. National Development Team Program, were named to the preliminary roster. Fasching…
Tue, 12/2, 12:54pm (2 weeks ago)
After providing plenty of offense from the blue  line, senior Ben Marshall was named the Big Ten’s third star of the week on Tuesday. Marshall tallied a goal and two assists over the weekend when the Gophers split with Boston College and Northeastern. Marshall scored against the Eagles and helped out…
Tue, 12/2, 12:46pm (2 weeks ago)
Minnesota will play at Wake Forest on Tuesday night at 6 p.m. as part of the Big Ten/ACC Challenge. The game can be seen on ESPNU and heard on 1500 ESPN. Here are five things to watch during the contest: 1. The backup small forward spot. With Daquein McNeil's indefinite suspension from…
Sat, 11/29, 6:06pm (3 weeks ago)
MADISON, Wis. — With David Cobb hobbled and likely limited coming into No. 22 Minnesota's clash at No. 14 Wisconsin for the Big Ten West title, it didn't look like the Gophers had much of a chance. But after Cobb started the game and then rattled off a 40-yard touchdown…
Sat, 11/29, 4:24pm (3 weeks ago)
  After speculation all week that running back David Cobb might miss today’s unofficial Big Ten West championship game, the senior has put the Gophers on his back en route to a 17-13 halftime lead. Cobb has rushed for 95 yards in the first half, including a 40-yard touchdown run in the…
Sat, 11/22, 12:47pm (4 weeks ago)
The Gophers trail Nebraska 21-7 at halftime after the Cornhuskers blocked a Ryan Santoso field goal attempt and returned it 85 yards for a touchdown.  Quarterback Mitch Leidner has used his legs to get the Gophers offense going, accounting for 60 rushing yards and Minnesota's only touchdown. He hasn't had much…