Thanks to homecoming and a full slate of athletics this weekend, the University of Minnesota athletic department has issued a traffic alert for the weekend of 10/31/2008. Here's a handy list of alternative routes to navigate campus this weekend, courtesy of gophersports.com
• From northbound 35W, park in the Washington Avenue Ramp. Take exit 17C (U of M/3rd Street) across the Washington Avenue Bridge to East Bank.
• From southbound 35W, park in the 4th Street Ramp. Exit at University Avenue/4th Street (#18). Head east on University Avenue. Turn left on 17th Avenue and proceed 1½ blocks to the 4th Street Ramp entrance on your left. OR bypass the ramp and take a right on 5th Street SE to park in Lot 37.
• From east and westbound I-94, park in the Oak Street Ramp ($8 event parking). Exit at Huron Boulevard. At the first traffic signal, take a left on Fulton Street SE. Proceed 2 blocks and go right at Ontario Street (one-way). Continue 1½ blocks to the Oak Street Ramp entrance on your left.
• From Highway 280, park in the Northstar or Ski-U-Mah Lots. Exit on University Avenue and head west. Take a right on 25th Avenue for 3 blocks (you will travel on a gravel road), then a left on 6th St. SE to reach the Ski-U-Mah Lot or Northstar Lot.
• Bypass traveling on that segment of Oak Street. On the east side, use Huron Boulevard/23rd Avenue and 6th Street SE; or on the west side, use 15th or 17th Avenue and 5th Street SE to access parking at Maroon Lot, Lot 37 and Lot 33.
Disability parking is available in Maroon Lot and Lot 58 is available at the event rate of $10.00.
Online maps of East Bank campus parking options can be viewed by visiting http://www1.umn.edu/pts/maps.htm.
UMN students have traveled to Florida colleges to collaborate with students on various projects.
When UMN students plan for a vacation, having trip cancellation travel insurance is a worthwhile commodity to check out.
Minneapolis Used Cars
Give back to the Minnesota community with a boat donation at boat4causes.org.
If you have been involved in a car accident call a Philadelphia Car Accident Lawyer for a free consultation.