Two possible departure options remain for Tubby

Seems like there are two possible jobs that either are or soon to be open that might be able to lure Minnesota head coach Tubby Smith from the U.

Firstly, the Arizona job would be one that has the potential to intrigue Smith enough to part ways with the Gophers. Rumors early on did focus on Smith, but after the Virginia job opened up, the Arizona rumor front really tapered off. 

Seems like most of the buzz for this job now, is surrounding Louisville coach Rick Pitino. But who knows, Smith’s name could start to be thrown around again now that Bennett is heading things over at UVA.

Second possible job, and I say possible simply because as 10:25 a.m. it isn’t official, is at Memphis. Memphis’ John Calipari looks to be headed to Kentucky to replace Billie Gillespie. There isn’t a consensus among news outlets as far as if a deal has been struck, but it seems like this is all but a done deal. Smith’s name hasn’t really been thrown around too much as far as this is concerned but, to be fair, its only been a day since we heard a deal had been reached. 

Leading candidates for this job look to be Xavier’s Sean Miller, Arizona State’s Herb Sendek who has some East Coast ties and potentially Scott Drew of Baylor, a young and rising star in terms of collegiate basketball coaches.

Note that this is all speculation but certainly possible. Daily Sports will keep you updated on any potential moves for either of the two jobs.