Spring Jam expanding this year

Officials are adding one show and will charge admission to the headliner's concert in Mariucci Arena.
February 21, 2014

This year's Spring Jam will be the largest to date, with officials planning to book a more well-known artist and add a concert, according to a news release.

The festival's main headliner concert will also be ticketed, unlike past years, and take place in Mariucci Arena, the release said.

Student Unions and Activities conducted surveys after various campus events and online to see if students would be willing to pay for a Spring Jam concert. The release said student response was "overwhelmingly positive" and that students would pay between $5 and $50 for a ticket. Further details regarding a more specific ticket cost and artist lineup are currently unavailable.

SUA also added a concert at noon on Thursday of Spring Jam week because of the changed location and price of Saturday’s headlining concert.

Spring Jam will take place from April 24-26. The artist lineup will be announced on March 29 and tickets for the headlining concert will go on sale soon after.