Police respond to two cases of terroristic threat

In one case, a man was threatened at the University’s Golf Club House.

Both the University of Minnesota Police Department and the Minneapolis Police Department received reports last week of terroristic threat, according to police records.

Greg Jamieson, director of the University golf program and general manager of the course, reported to UMPD on Friday that a suspect had threatened him at the University’s Golf Club House in St. Paul, according to a police report.

The threat came after the suspect inflicted damage to a vehicle parked at the golf course, UMPD Deputy Chief of Police Chuck Miner said.

Any threat of violent crime, usually murder or serious assault, constitutes a terroristic threat, Miner said.

“If somebody called in a bomb threat, that’s the law that they would be violating,” he said. “It’s usually more of a threat to do serious bodily harm.”

If the suspect returns to the golf course, officers will issue a trespass warning, the report said.

In another terroristic threat case at about noon on Thursday, Minneapolis police responded to a Metro Petro gas station on University Avenue Southeast during a situation in which two men called police on each other, a police report said.

According to the report, one man claimed that another man threatened him and his vehicle with a baseball bat. That man told police the first man had previously assaulted his wife, who wasn’t at the gas station, the report said.

Man reports bike and helmet stolen from garage

A Minneapolis resident called police after discovering that his bike and helmet were stolen Thursday from his home’s garage on 22nd Avenue Southeast, a police report said.

The victim reported that the suspect had apparently entered through an unlocked side door and had damaged his back screen porch window in the process.

Miner said burglaries of dwellings generally occur during winter or spring break, when students and residents aren’t around.

“It’s not as typical in the first week of school,” he said.