Arianna Valenzuela-Zazueta

Articles

UMN down to final three candidates for VP for University services position

The University of Minnesota’s search for a new vice president for University services has been narrowed to three candidates.  Interim Vice President for University Services Mike Berthelsen is vying for the position alongside Steven Iselin, principal deputy assistant secretary of the Navy for Energy, Installations and Environment, and Matthew Massman, the commissioner of the Minnesota Department of Administration. 

Mapps Coffee and Tea to reopen as new restaurant

Mapps Coffee and Tea recently closed their business to expand and reopen as Campus Cafe, a Turkish cafe and restaurant. The business plans to open its doors in Cedar-Riverside in the next two months. 

More students displaced by unfinished campus apartment

Construction delays at a new campus-area apartment have left University of Minnesota students scrambling to find housing. For the second time in a month, management at Prime Place, an under-construction apartment in Stadium Village, notified hundreds of tenants that construction would not finish until December, months after fall classes start.

New Dinkytown business a haven for gamers

A new University-area business hopes to give gamers a destination while improving their image. Left Click Lounge, Dinkytown’s first video game center, will open its doors on Friday. The business, located on 14th Ave. SE between Tim Hortons and The Refinery, will offer various gaming platforms for local students and clubs to play on.

Media