MN Daily Staff

Articles

Thousands protest Trump's inauguration throughout Minneapolis

Donald Trump gave his oath of office Friday morning to become the 45th president of the U.S. and was met with planned protests nationwide, including at the University of Minnesota. Individual students and campus groups walked out of classes and met outside the Humphrey School of Public Affairs at 1 p.m.

Keith Ellison's old Minnesota Daily columns surface amid bid for DNC chair

Since the announcement of Congressman Keith Ellison’s bid for the Democratic National Committee's chair vacancy, multiple news outlets have reported on opinion pieces Ellison wrote for the Minnesota Daily while he was a third-year law student at the University of Minnesota. The Daily looked back into its archives and found Ellison’s four columns, written under the alias Keith E.

Reflections on Nov. 8

With the recent upset election of President-elect Donald Trump, many on campus have expressed shock, worry, confusion and joy.

Rep. Hausman retains district 66A seat

State Rep. Alice Hausman, DFL-Falcon Heights, won her 15th consecutive term Tuesday night against Republican candidate Jon Heyer. Hausman, who represents Minnesota House District 66A, won 67 percent of her district’s vote,, with only one precinct not reporting at 11:45 p.m.

In aftermath, city jolted

In the span of 36 hours, two fatal shootings of black men — one, Alton Sterling from Baton Rouge, La., the other, Philando Castile of St.

Media