Valentine’s Day. It’s a holiday which many people – with or without a significant other – write off. But no matter how your Valentine’s Day shapes up, we’ve got the music and the drinks to keep you satisfied this holiday.
To set the mood
Congratulations, this holiday is meant for you. Raise a glass of Valentine’s Day Punch with your boo and feel the love.
- 2-3 ounces of vodka
- ½ cup orange soda
- ½ cup cranberry juice
- ½ cup sprite
- fresh lemon juice
- 1 orange, sliced
In a large bowl, mix soda, juice and vodka. Squeeze lemon to add fresh juice. Slice the orange peel and add for garnish.
Now that you’ve quenched your thirst, it’s time to set the mood. This playlist blends lo-fi beats from different genres to make for romantic background music.
- Stay Flo - Solange
- Feel Like Makin' Love - D’Angelo
- Pyramids - Frank Ocean
- Go to Town - Doja Cat
- Child’s Play - SZA (feat. Chance the Rapper)
- Give It to Me - HOMESHAKE
- What’s My Name? - Rihanna, Drake
- Shadow Play - ATTLAS, Lune
- The Beach - The Neighbourhood
- The Little Things (Kasbo Remix) - Big Gigantic
Hanging with your Galentines
Sometimes, all you need on Valentine’s Day are your best friends and a few Cosmopolitans.
- 2 oz vodka
- 1.5 oz triple sec
- fresh lemon and lime juice
- 1 cup cranberry juice
Directions: Combine ingredients and a glass and stir or shake in a cocktail shaker. Squeeze half of a lemon and half of a lime into drink and serve.
Once you turn this playlist on full blast, it won’t matter that there’s not a man in sight. All you need is a full glass, your girlfriends and the serenade of this feel-good playlist.
- 1999 - Charli XCX, Troye Sivan
- Yikes - Nicki Minaj
- Good As Hell - Lizzo
- Only Child - Tierra Whack
- Love$ick (feat. A$AP Rocky) - Mura Masa
- Partition - Beyoncé
- She Wolf - Shakira
- Red Light Green Light - Duke Dumont, Shaun Ross
- Tell Me - No Mana
- Feel So Close - Calvin Harris
If you find yourself alone and bitter
So you probably have a case of the Valentine’s Day blues. Maybe you've had them for years now. No worries, nothing pairs better than loneliness and wine. Cure your Valentine’s Day blues with a magic wine elixir.
- 1 cup red or white wine
- ½ cup carbonated water
- mint leaves
Mix wine and carbonated water in a glass. Garnish with frozen raspberries and mint leaves.
Sometimes you need to cry. And sometimes it’s because you’re alone on Valentine’s Day. Let the tears flow to this playlist featuring Billie Eilish, Lana Del Rey and more.
- when the party’s over - Billie Eilish
- Should Have Known Better - Sufjan Stevens
- listen for you - flor
- Video Games - Lana Del Rey
- Her - Vincent
- Somebody Else - The 1975
- Over You (feat. Frida Sundemo) - Kasbo
- Solace - RÜFÜS DU SOL
- Compass - Zella Day
- Get Low - James Vincent McMorrow
If your date cancels
Ditch the tissues, grab a cheap bottle of Champagne and turn on this emergency playlist ASAP. This blushing mimosa is the cure for your V-day blues.
- 1 cup Champagne
- ¼ cup orange juice
- ¼ cup pineapple juice
- a splash of grenadine
Add Champagne, orange juice and pineapple juice in a glass. Finish with a decorative and tasty splash of grenadine and enjoy.
A mix of rebellious, in-your-face anthems and more subdued songs, this playlist will perfectly accompany your feelings this Valentine’s Day. If your cancelled plans have left you just sad, refer to the alone and bitter playlist.
- Doses & Mimosas - Cherub
- Better - Valentino Khan, Wuki, Roxanna
- Seven Nation Army - The White Stripes
- Set It Up - Kamaiyah, Trina
- I’m Fine - graves, EZI
- Paper Planes - M.I.A.
- Needed Me - Rihanna
- Bruises - NGHTMRE & Grabbitz
- Ways to Go - Grouplove