Daily Digest: Clinton visits U, street sweeping begins

Let’s get right into this… *There was of course a big name visitor on campus last night, as Senator and former First Lady Hillary Clinton made a stop at McNamara in support of Al Franken. An overflow crowd was on hand to see Clinton and other speakers, including Franken and 3rd Congressional District candidate Ashwin Madia, a former University of Minnesota student. Here is a sampling of some local coverage of the event: The Minnesota Daily, The Star Tribune and Fox 9. *The study linking stress to lower GPA covered by the Daily Monday has been gaining some steam among other outlets. Here’s a story from The Times of India detailing the Boynton study. Guess people all over the globe are concerned about stressed college students. *And lastly, in the “news you can use” category, Minneapolis street sweeping began yesterday. The five-week process will cover more than 1,100 miles of city curb, the Star Tribune reports. For those of you who own cars, keep your eyes open… There’s your Digest. Hope it helps with any Hump Day blues. Remember, the weeked isn’t too far off! Mike Rose City editor The Daily Digest is here to give you a glimpse at University-related news from around the metro and state. The segment will provide a window into how other media outlets cover campus, as well as nuggets of news that might not make the day’s paper. Enjoy!