Gwiwon Jason Nam

Articles

New UMN exhibit explores history of LGBTQ student activism

The exhibit, FREE: Remembering the History of Early LGBTQ Organizing in Minnesota, holds archives focused on FREE (Fight the Repression of Erotic Expression), which was one of the first LGBTQ student organizations in the country, established 50 years ago.

Research identifies ways rare species can help humans

In a paper published last month, researchers proposed a guideline for better understanding how rare species benefit the ecosystems on which people depend. The research, conducted by University of Minnesota researchers and others, could also help inform global policy initiatives responding to the world’s acute biodiversity crisis, according to researchers on the study.

CLA works to improve mental health

With finals looming, the University of Minnesota undergraduate student government hopes to address student mental health with professor engagement.

UMN researchers examine rural health disparities

The University's Rural Health Research Center and the Memory Keepers Medical Discovery Team on the Duluth campus lead projects to examine rural health issues among diverse groups. One-fifth of rural Americans are people of color, according to census data.

New UMN center opened to help neglected children

The Otto Bremer Trust Center for Safe and Healthy Children opened a new dedicated space to care for children and families affected by abuse and neglect. The center held an open house March 7.