The Minnesota Daily Editorial Board

Articles

Editorial: College admissions shouldn’t get too personal

Applying for college is a rigorous process that can be overwhelming for many prospective students. But it can be particularly stressful for students who have experienced trauma or other hardships in the years leading up to sending out applications. 

Editorial: Avoiding harrowing housing situations is harder than it looks, but here are a few tips

Last week, the Minnesota Daily reported on newly discovered potential health risks to workers who installed carpets at The Arrow Apartments. Though many situations aren’t this extreme, predatory landlords still try to swindle students into a bad lease. To avoid these situations, consider the following tips provided by the University's Student Legal Services and Off Campus Living. 

With recent slight, time for Star Tribune's C.J. to go embarrass another city

On Tuesday, Jana Shortal — host of KARE 11’s show “Breaking the News” — ran a segment that delved into the gruesome, heartbreaking death of the long-missing, abducted childJacob Wetterling. In the segment, Shortal was wearing a gray blazer, polka dot shirt and a pair of jeans that have now flirted with infamy. What she was wearing would not have mattered had notorious Star Tribune gossip columnist C.J.

Two-wheeled tension

Last week, The Minnesota Daily reported that the University of Minnesota Police Department has been cracking down on student cyclists. The vibrant response from our readership shows that the role of bikes on campus deserves more public discussion.